The Selection Committee reviews all nominations, requests dossiers for a pool of finalists they wish to consider for the award, and ultimately chooses up to five winners to recommend to the Provost.
- Full-time faculty members with an official academic appointment are eligible to be nominated.
- Barnard and Teachers College faculty, visiting faculty and campus-level administrators (e.g., in the offices of the President and Provost, deans or department chairs) are not eligible for this award.
- Nominees should have engaged in volunteer service activities that impacted faculty and/or students, including activities that benefit underrepresented groups (e.g., scholarship, community engagement and/or student mentorship).
- Service activities can be at the program, department/unit, college, or university level.
- This award is bestowed as a once in a lifetime achievement. Past winners are not eligible to receive a second award.
- A demonstrated, sustained commitment to DEI-focused service activities
- A record of innovative and impactful service
- A history of consistent University service
- Strength of letters of support from school/department/unit leadership
If you have questions about the Faculty Service Award, please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement at [email protected]