As part of the reaccreditation process we solicited feedback on the self-study from Columbia students, staff, and faculty. The initial comment period on the self-study was October 29 to November 10, 2015. The second and final comment period was December 18, 2015 to January 7, 2016. We are very grateful to the Columbia community for their feedback.
- View the Self-Study Design presented to Middle States in 2014
- View final reports and reviews from the reaccreditation:
- The final Self-Study: Globalization of a Columbia Education submitted to Middle States in January 2016;
- The Document Review Report from MSCHE; and
- The Final Site Evaluation Team Report from MSCHE
The focus on globalized education links directly to the work of the University Forum on Global Columbia, a university-wide forum querying the nature, purpose, and possibilities of a global university and in particular what is a "Global Columbia." Columbia has embarked on a wide ranging discussion focused on what is involved in becoming a global university in the twenty-first century. The Forum invites the entire community—students, faculty, administrators—to consider the substance and directions of Global Columbia.
To address the overarching questions guiding the preparation of the University's self-study, we have formed the following committees comprised of faculty, administrative, and student members of the University. Full committee membership can be viewed by clicking on the committee below.
Steering Committee - chaired by Provost Coatsworth