Columbia University is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized independent organization dedicated to supporting faculty, particularly under-represented faculty, post-docs, and graduate students in making successful transitions throughout their careers. NCFDD provides online career development, training, and mentoring resources.
NCFDD member resources include:
- Monday Motivator Newsletter – includes productivity tips
- Webinars - topic based and led by Kerry Ann Rockquemore or a guest expert
- Multi-Week Courses – led by expert facilitators
- Private Discussion Forums – network, participate in writing challenges, problem-solve, and share information
- The Library – slides and audio recordings of webinars from the year
- The Career Center – learn about the job search process
- Resources and Referrals – services for coaching, editing, and recommended readings
How to Activate Your Columbia Sponsored Membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (http://www.facultydiversity.org/).
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Claim Your Institutional Membership.”
- Within the list of universities, click on "Columbia University."
- Complete the registration form by following all instructions. Be sure to provide your Columbia email address.
- Once you have submitted your registration information and NCFDD has approved your connection to Columbia, you should receive a welcome email.