Columbia University is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized independent organization dedicated to supporting faculty, particularly under-represented faculty, post-docs, and graduate students in making successful transitions throughout their careers. NCFDD provides online career development, training, and mentoring resources.
NCFDD member resources include:
- Monday Motivator Newsletter – includes productivity tips
- Webinars - topic based and led by Kerry Ann Rockquemore or a guest expert
- Multi-Week Courses – led by expert facilitators
- Private Discussion Forums – network, participate in writing challenges, problem-solve, and share information
- The Library – slides and audio recordings of webinars from the year
- The Career Center – learn about the job search process
- Resources and Referrals – services for coaching, editing, and recommended readings
How to Activate Your Columbia Sponsored Membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (http://www.facultydiversity.org/).
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Claim Your Institutional Membership.”
- Within the list of universities, click on "Columbia University."
- Complete the registration form by following all instructions. Be sure to provide your Columbia email address.
- Once you have submitted your registration information and NCFDD has approved your connection to Columbia, you should receive a welcome email.
(requires NCFDD membership; see activation instructions above)
HIDDEN HANDBOOK SERIES
- Chapter 1: Accountability Matters
- Chapter 2: Creating Micro Goals to Maximize Your 30-Minute Writing Session
- Chapter 3: Productivity Pick-Me-Ups
- Chapter 4: The 5 D’s: What to Do When All Your - - - - Don’t Fit
- Chapter 5: Advancing Your Strategic Plan
- Chapter 6: How to Revise & Resubmit in No Time
- Chapter 7: Promoting Your Publications
- Chapter 8: Rethinking Self-Care
- Chapter 9: The Art of Saying “Yes”: Seeking and Securing Opportunities in Academia
- Chapter 10: Touchstone Teamwork
- How to Translate Your Research for a General Audience
- Rising Above Burnout
- Making the Case: Preparing Your Dossier for Promotion to Full Professor
- Equitable, Accessible, and Inclusive Teaching Practices
- Panel: "What I Wished I Would Have Known as a New Full-Time Faculty Member"
- Creating a Culture of Support for All Faculty
- Indigenous Time Management